About Odell Studner Group
Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, benefits, temporary staffing, and human services, with a specialized focus on alternative funding.
We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
OSG’S Client Experience Vision
We engage clients with expertise and experience, enabling them to feel they have a partner and trusted advisor that understands their goals, needs and preferences. This understanding allows us to design program structure and provide risk and claims consulting solutions that best support their strategies for employee attraction, retention and growth.
This client-facing position independently analyzes information to create and assist with delivery of financial deliverables for current and prospective clients with complex benefit programs. Financial deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, renewal projection and premium rate analysis and modeling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates the financial risk of medical & ancillary benefits for clients and prospective clients
- Proficiently communicates with internal/external customers
- Uses group experience and demographic analysis to drive future strategies such as plan changes, stop loss levels, funding changes, & contributions
- Creates RFPs for carriers and managing the financial part of the renewal
- Evaluates and explains financial analyses to internal team
- Presents explanation of financial analyses/strategies to external clients
- Interfaces directly with clients to provide expert underwriting review in on-site and remote capacity to explain financial analysis and renewal materials.
- Responsible to understand and to expertly explain external market influencers and internal experience trends driving benefit costs to clients.
- Lead company financial analysis in finalist sales presentation for target clients
- Analyze and prepare reporting packages in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Reporting packages may include but are not limited to:
- Periodic claims utilization, trend and lag analyses
- Rate and Contribution analysis
- Market analysis
- Financial funding analysis
- Renewal rate and funding projections and modeling
- Technical claims review with gap in care, cost modeling and benchmarking
- Utilize analytical tools to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform technical analysis of group insurance contracts and financial arrangements.
- Serves as contact with insurance carriers on new business quotes and renewals to include related activities such as: requesting quotes, evaluating option, negotiation of rates and benefit features and, preparing renewal or new plan options with executive summary.
- Work closely with Service Team Members to ensure strategic objectives of client are clearly articulated and that all client deliverables deliver proactive solutions in line with client strategic objectives.
- Act as a resource for Sales Executives to develop strategic plans and solutions for prospects and clients and prospects.
- Set priorities for analytical work to meet deadlines.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in the administration and analysis of employee benefit programs, health insurance.
- Broad understanding of alternative funding mechanisms.
- Able to work collaboratively with all functional areas.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills required
- Strong benefit product knowledge required; including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, voluntary products, etc.
- Demonstrated dedication to providing superior customer service and gaining client loyalty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting, and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
For interested applicants please email resumes to JMarsh@OdellStudner.com