The account executive/senior account executive is a member of the commercial lines team dedicated to a specialized industry providing consultation, service and strategy to clients located across the USA. This individual is responsible for the retention of an assigned book of business of existing accounts in accordance with the objectives and procedures of Odell Studner.
This position includes personnel management of an assigned service team. It offers a unique opportunity to combine traditional account management skills in commercial insurance within the temporary staffing industry.
Note: “Senior” is reflective of enhanced level of strategic responsibility, greater years of experience, the size of books of business, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategy for retention of accounts at renewal time
- Assist in cross-selling other lines of business to existing accounts
- Work with clients to obtain sufficient information to prepare renewal submissions
- Participate in presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Review clients’ operational, contractual and financial exposure to loss
- Develop and maintain financial models of loss-sensitive programs
- Review insurance policies and contracts.
- Work with others to obtain and deliver information, quotations, policy changes, etc.
- Develop and monitor client service plans in conjunction with claims and loss control on an annual basis
- Responsible for stewardship reports with feedback from clients
- Responsible for team’s ongoing service to include client surveys, experience mod calculations, loss picks and reserve analysis
- Manage Account Receivables to agency standards and facilitate collection of monies from clients
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Oversee a team of account managers and assistant account managers on a daily basis s well as helping to develop the team members professionally.
- Control and direct renewal strategy internally with producer & team and externally with the client
- Utilize external and internal resources to educate the team with insurance or staffing industry knowledge
- Build replicable policies and procedures that create efficiencies within the service team
- Understanding of team atmosphere and contemplating how change affects the entire team
- Communicate clearly to surrounding team members, producers and COO on day-to-day renewal responsibilities as well as problematic situations
- Take the lead in creating educational presentations for clients and industry groups; presentations include non work comp proposals, workers’ comp (including various loss sensitive programs) proposals, program topics, risk management topics and industry topics
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Outlook and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure document accuracy
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel domestically for client visits and the occasional relevant industry conference
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the markets a plus
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages with a focus on loss-sensitive casualty programs
- Captive experience a plus
- Demonstrated superior presentation and relationship skills in this highly client interactive role
- Minimum 5 years relevant commercial lines experience a plus with a preference for 10+ years experience
- College degree preferred
- Licensed in property and casualty insurance preferred
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Brando at: email@example.com.