About Odell Studner Group
Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services to middle-market companies. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, temporary staffing, and human services, with a specialized focus on captive insurance.
We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
OSG’S Client Experience Vision
We engage clients with expertise and experience, enabling them to feel they have a partner and trusted advisor that understands their goals, needs and preferences. This understanding allows us to design program structure and provide risk and claims consulting solutions that best support their strategies for asset protection and growth.
Risk Management Loss Control Consultant Role
The Risk Management Loss Control Consultant is a member of the Risk Management Services team dedicated to providing consultation, service and strategy to clients located across the USA.
- Establish credibility by developing sustainable relationships with senior-level client personnel and be recognized as a trusted advisor by clients, Odell Studner leadership, and peers
- Collaborate with client executives and organizational leaders to identify opportunities to provide risk management consultation (risk reduction and/or mitigation) through traditional insurance, alternative risk transfer, loss control strategies, and claims management programs
- Proactively touch base with clients regarding business performance, any problem areas they are experiencing, identify more potential engagement points, etc.
- Facilitate goal setting with assigned clients to better understand each client’s business goals, how they measure success, and how we can help them achieve and track such goals.
- Act as a conduit to facilitate opportunities to other internal departments
- Improve client relationships with insurance carrier partners by facilitating meetings and coordinating activities which maximize product awareness and service delivery between the carrier and client
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Act as an advocate and resource for OSG’s clients to ensure exceptional risk management service by assisting them with preventing and reducing/eliminating loss frequency and severity as well as compliance
with applicable state and federal laws.
- Conduct on-site risk assessments of worksite locations for prospects and clients to mitigate hazard exposure by introducing risk-reward controls
- Provide hazard assessment solutions as determined by risk assessments/audits.
- Develop and maintain Service Plans tailored to Client need.
- Conduct educational training workshops, seminars, and webinars.
- Develop policies and procedures designed to reduce/eliminate loss frequency and severity and assure compliance with governmental statutes and mandates.
- Provide consultative insight and direction.
- Monitor loss trending with an eye towards reducing cost of risk and provide analysis to clients
- Advise our clients on loss prevention, safety and risk factors.
- Integrate risk control best practices into daily operations that focus on improving quality, productivity, and customer service
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, federal, and state rules and regulations
- Develop loss avoidance action plans and implement programs to train and educate staff and clients for effective exposure reduction
- Assist client in creating or modifying risk management controls, policies, and procedures
- Assist with creating and maximizing OSG’s consultative services, training, and educational resources
- Act as a Liaison of Loss Prevention Services being provided by carrier or other programs being utilized by clients.
- Creation and delivery of Operational Best Practices from a Risk-management perspective for some or all of the various industries within OSG’s Practice Groups.
- Provide senior level coaching for client Risk Managers and Risk Officers on development and implementation of Operational Best Practices from a Risk-management perspective.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 8-10 years risk management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as risk management, or Insurance preferred
- Producer’s license preferred
- Advanced analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to drive performance
- Knowledge of at least one of the following industries: healthcare, non-profit, real estate, construction, temporary staffing, captive insurance, and manufacturing industries.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills. The ability to provide consulting services to internal and external colleagues, typically in senior level positions.
- Knowledge of pricing and reserving methodologies and model.
- Good organizational skills, detail orientation and report writing skills.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of effective loss prevention programs in a variety of industries and work settings.
- Able to read and interpret OSHA and other regulations applicable to the various types of business serviced by the Company.
- Able to read and interpret financial, loss runs, and statistical data related to performance of job duties.
- High level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute on multiple projects at once and to deliver results under tight time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile.
- Knowledge of MS Word (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The ability to travel when necessary and adhere to the corporate travel policy.
- Demonstrates the core values of OSG.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
For interested applicants please email resumes to [email protected]