About Odell Studner Group
Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services to middle-market companies. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, temporary staffing and human services, life sciences, with a specialized focus on captive insurance.
We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
A member of Commercial Lines and the New Business Resource Group, the New Business Account Manager, will market property and casualty insurance programs on prospective accounts. This person will gather, analyze, and organize data; prepare submissions and applications, negotiate coverage terms, and prepare proposals for prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining timeline and process during the new business process, inclusive of exposure analysis, quote specifications, analysis and negotiation of coverage offers, and preparation and presentation of coverage proposals.
- Communicate effectively within the team environment, inclusive of the producer and Practice Group Leader.
- Review insurance policies and contracts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with others to prepare property and casualty insurance submissions for new business prospects including, but not limited to: Insurance specifications for each line of coverage, Acord applications using firm’s agency management system, loss summaries, prospect profile, exposure schedules, etc.
- Attend prospects meetings with producer, as needed
- Analyze excel spreadsheets of prospect client exposure and/or loss data, as well as develop financial models of loss sensitive programs, when necessary.
- Answer prospect and carrier phone calls.
- Maintain familiarity and working relationship with various insurance companies and wholesalers.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Abide by and maintain all licensing requirement, including continuing education.
- Attend seminars, company meetings, carrier events and educational activities needed to improve overall job expertise and product knowledge.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments
- Proficient with MS Office Products including a high knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience with Epic a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure document accuracy.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the markets.
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages.
- Demonstrated superior presentation or relationship skills to present proposals in this highly interactive role.
- Minimum 5 years relevant Commercial Lines experience required.
- College degree preferred.
- Licensed in property and casualty insurance
- Pursuit of a professional designation – CISR, CIC, AAI, ARM, CPCU- preferred
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
For interested applicants please email resumes to AnnD@odellstudner.com