Reports to: Vice President of the Real Estate Practice Group
FLSA Code: E
Date Prepared: 3-5-18
The account executive/senior account executive* is a member of the commercial lines team dedicated to a specialized Real Estate & Development Practice Group. This individual is responsible for the retention of an assigned book of business of existing clients in accordance with the objectives and procedures of Odell Studner. This position includes personnel management of an assigned service team.
*“Senior” level position is reflective of enhanced: level of strategic responsibility, greater years of experience, the size of books of business, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage a Practice Group team of account managers and assistant account managers.
• Mentor each team member and assist with their individual professional career goals.
• Develop and direct renewal strategy internally with producer/team and gain client commitment.
• Participate in proposal and risk management presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Work with clients to obtain sufficient information to prepare renewal submissions.
• Review clients’ operational, contractual and financial exposure to loss.
• Work with clients to ensure favorable contractual risk transfer/contract review.
• Review insurance policies and contracts.
• Cross-sell other lines of coverage not currently written to existing clients.
• Develop and monitor client service plans in conjunction with claims and loss control.
• Customize real estate-centric stewardship reports annually with feedback from clients.
• Manage the accuracy, quality and timelines of team’s ongoing daily service, including premium allocations, invoicing, property acquisitions, policy changes, lender requirements, etc.
• Understand and deliver per location premium allocation spreadsheets and collaborate with client to maximize tenant CAM recapture.
• Manage account receivables to agency standards and facilitate collection from clients/lenders.
• Work independently or with other team leaders on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Utilize external and internal resources to educate the team on insurance-specific and real estate development and construction industry knowledge.
• Build upon Odell Studner’s policies and procedures to create efficiencies.
• Apply problem-solving techniques to various agency, client and insurance company issues.
• Communicate clearly with team members, producers, and COO on daily service and renewal responsibilities as well as problematic situations and client updates.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
• Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated superior presentation and relationship skills in this very client-interactive role.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
• Ability to travel regionally for client visits.
• Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the real estate and construction insurance market a plus
• Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages with a focus on property, general liability, umbrella/excess liability and professional liability..
• Knowledge of MS Office; Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills/knowledge.
• Minimum 10 years relevant commercial lines experience with a preference in servicing real estate and/or construction clients.
• College degree preferred.
• Licensed in property and casualty insurance a must.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Please send your resume and cover letter to John Marsh at: email@example.com.