The Account Manager will serve an integral role within the consulting team for mid-market clients, with complex needs, and is responsible for client satisfaction, including strategic planning and execution responsibilities. This position is expected to consistently provide superior client service.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Individual would manage a complex book of business comprised of clients who are located both locally and nationally, and are comprised of various funding methods, advanced contract features and structure that requires a higher level of experience and technical expertise.
- Responsible for acting as a primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, Senior Consultants, and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
- Ability to participate in, and lead as-needed, client meetings and provide strategic guidance and financial performance information in conjunction with or independently from the Senior Consultant.
- Negotiate final terms and conditions with the carrier as needed.
- As needed, preparation of standard and custom materials needed for client meetings.
- Expected to initiate regular client contact as established by the client service calendar and renewal timeline.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Ability to work on additional projects that support the overall development and advancement of the Employee Benefits team.
- Keep abreast of market developments and product offerings.
- Execute the RFP process from data collection through final carrier and plan decisions.
- Benchmark plan design and employee contributions.
- Review and compare benefit proposals.
- Negotiate optimum quotes for broadest coverage and rates for all new and renewal business. Follow-up with markets to receive quotes in a timely manner. Negotiate rate extensions and/or plan design changes as needed.
- Analyze marketing results.
- Create detailed benefit analysis comparison of renewal, cost and options for proposals to the employer in order to choose the best plan alternative for presentation.
- Research complex financial, regulatory, and other issues as requested by clients. Develop conclusions and concise summary level advisory opinions (non-legal).
- Work in conjunction with the Underwriting team to create financial models including premium cost projections and contribution models.
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and employee presentations.
- Assist with day-to-day client service needs. Appropriately identify and escalate problem resolution.
Education and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in the administration and analysis of employee benefit programs, health insurance.
- Broad understanding of alternative funding mechanisms.
- Able to work collaboratively with all functional areas.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills required
- Flexibility in a variety of settings and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong benefit product knowledge required; including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, voluntary products, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
For interested applicants please email resumes to JMarsh@OdellStudner.com