As a member of commercial lines and the new business marketing team, the new business account manager will market property and casualty insurance programs on prospective accounts. This person will gather, analyze and organize data; prepare submissions and applications; negotiate coverage terms; and prepare proposals for prospects.
- Review insurance policies and contracts and make recommendations for improvement where possible
- Work with others to prepare property and casualty insurance submissions for new business prospects including, but not limited to, insurance specifications for each line of coverage, Acord applications using firm’s agency management system, loss summaries, prospect profile, exposure schedules, etc.
- Input and update prospective client and policy information in agency management system
- Attend prospects meetings with producer as needed
- Prepare correspondence and proposals
- Prepare excel spreadsheets for analysis of prospect client exposure and/or loss data
- Work with others to obtain and deliver information, quotations, proposals, etc. as necessary
- Interface with others to obtain and deliver information, quotations, etc.
- Answer prospect and carrier phone calls
- Maintain familiarity and working relationship with various insurance companies and wholesalers
- Coordinate meetings with insurance companies and wholesalers in order to maintain good working relationships
- Keep staff apprised of insurance company products, website capabilities, contact information, etc.
- Handle confidential and non‐routine information
- Abide by and maintain all licensing requirement, including continuing education
- Attend seminars, company meetings and educational activities needed to improve overall job expertise and product knowledge
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent phone etiquette, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office products, including a high knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail to ensure document accuracy
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the markets
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages
- Demonstrated superior presentation or relationship skills to present proposals in this highly interactive role
- Minimum 5 years relevant commercial lines experience required
- High school diploma required and college degree preferred
- Licensed in property and casualty insurance
- Pursuit of a professional designation: CISR, CIC, AAI, ARM, CPCU‐ preferred
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status or medical condition.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Ann D’Amicantonio: firstname.lastname@example.org