The account executive/senior account executive is a member of the commercial lines team. This individual is responsible for the retention of an assigned book of business of existing clients in accordance with the objectives and procedures of Odell Studner. This position may include personnel management of an assigned service team.
NOTE: Senior-level position is reflective of enhanced level of strategic responsibility, greater number of years of experience, the size of books of business, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and direct renewal strategy internally with producer/team and gain client commitment.
- Participate in proposal and risk management presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Work with clients to obtain sufficient information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Review clients’ operational, contractual and financial exposure to loss.
- Work with clients to ensure favorable contractual risk transfer/contract review.
- Review insurance policies and contracts.
- Cross-sell other lines of coverage not currently written to existing clients.
- Develop and monitor client service plans in conjunction with claims and loss control.
- Customize stewardship reports annually with feedback from clients.
- Manage the accuracy, quality and timelines of team’s ongoing daily service, including premium allocations, invoicing, acquisitions, policy changes, contract requirements, etc.
- Understand and deliver per-location premium allocation spreadsheets as needed.
- Manage account receivables to agency standards and facilitate collection from clients.
- Work independently or with other team leaders on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Utilize external and internal resources to educate the team.
- Build upon Odell Studner’s policies and procedures to create efficiencies.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to various agency, client and insurance company issues.
- Communicate clearly with team members, producers, and COO on daily service and renewal responsibilities as well as problematic situations and client updates.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated superior presentation and relationship skills in this highly client interactive role.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to travel regionally for client visits.
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers.
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages with a focus on property, general liability, umbrella/excess liability, and professional liability.
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills/knowledge.
- Minimum 10 years relevant commercial lines experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Professional designation – CIC, AAI, ARM, CPCU – preferred.
- Licensed in property and casualty insurance a must.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ann D’Amicantonio at: email@example.com.