About Odell Studner Group
Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services to middle-market companies. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, temporary staffing, and human services, with a specialized focus on captive insurance.
We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
OSG’S Client Experience Vision
We engage clients with expertise and experience, enabling them to feel they have a partner and trusted advisor that understands their goals, needs and preferences. This understanding allows us to design program structure and provide risk and claims consulting solutions that best support their strategies for asset protection and growth.
Assistant/Associate Account Manager Role
The Assistant Account Manager Role provides support to Account Managers and Account Executives and service to assigned clients. The Assistant Account Manager is responsible for support service on all existing and renewed accounts including processing and review of information, responding to requests, data input, and project management.
- Establish credibility by developing sustainable relationships with client personnel and be recognized as a trusted advisor by clients, Odell Studner leadership, and peers
- Collaborate with client executives and organizational leaders to identify opportunities to provide additional consultation services, additional engagement points, etc.
- Develop an understanding of client’s overall operation & business goals, and assist team in helping track such goals
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide a high level of service to assigned clients, including prompt and through responses.
- Set up & send out renewal surveys to clients and assist client with any questions or issues they have in completing the renewal survey materials.
- Oversee and manage the policy checking and delivery process to insured as directed by the team.
- Process rating and endorsements on insurance carrier’s websites.
- Request loss runs from insurance carriers or pull directly from websites.
- Prepare customer correspondence including certificates of insurance, binders, ID cards, cancellations, letters, etc.
- Initiate, screen and prepare policy and endorsement requests for issuance and ensure prompt delivery.
- Review policies, audits and endorsements for accuracy; report errors to insurance companies for correction.
- Interface with Account Managers and others to obtain and deliver information, quotations, policy changes, etc. as necessary.
- Responsible for inputting and updating customer and policy information in agency management system and to ensure all information is accurate.
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT MANAGER
Casualty Practice Group
- Process agency invoicing and assist to resolve billing discrepancies for assigned accounts.
- Apply project management skills to assist team with projects on an as-needed basis.
- Prioritize workload and/or request for assistance as required.
- Maintain accurate and updated suspense file in agency management system.
- Keep team members fully informed of important activities on their accounts including being sensitive to potential problems.
- Send appropriate instructions to Resource Pro – policy checking, ordering loss runs, completing loss summary or special project.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Knowledge of MS Office Products, Word, Outlook; advanced knowledge of excel a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure document accuracy.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically for client visits and the occasional relevant industry conference.
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the markets a plus.
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages, focus/specialty in certain coverage areas a plus.
- Superior presentation and relationship skills a plus.
- Minimum 5 years relevant Commercial Lines experience a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Licensed in property and casualty insurance preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
For interested applicants please email resumes to JMarsh@OdellStudner.com