Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services to middle-market companies. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, temporary staffing and human services, with a specialized focus on captive insurance.
We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
The Account Manager is a member of the Commercial Lines team dedicated to a specialized industry providing service for clients located across the USA. Responsible for gathering and organizing data then preparing and presenting quotations for clients. This position offers unique opportunity to combine traditional account management skills in commercial insurance within the temporary staffing industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a high level of service to clients in a specialized industry with risks centered around workers compensation exposures.
• Responsible for maintaining timeline and process during renewal cycle inclusive of exposure analysis, quote specifications, analysis and negotiation of coverage offers, and preparation and presentation of coverage proposals.
• Review policies and endorsements for accuracy; report errors to insurance company to correct.
• Responsible for creation of service models and stewardship throughout the year and maintaining timelines of those deliverables throughout the year.
• Apply problem solving techniques to various issues concerning cancellations, claims, renewal issues, audits, receivables, carrier issues.
• Develop and maintain financial models of loss sensitive programs.
• Communicate effectively within team environment inclusive of Assistant Account Managers through Account Executive.
• Support account executive and producers in creation of presentations for client meetings.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Assist in identifying and further developing client insurance programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments.
• Knowledge of MS Office Products, Word, Outlook and advanced knowledge of excel.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure document accuracy.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
• Excellent phone etiquette, written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel domestically for client visits and the occasional relevant industry conference.
• Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers; excellent knowledge of the markets a plus.
• Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages with a focus on loss sensitive programs, general liability and auto.
• Captive insurance experience a plus.
• Demonstrated superior presentation or relationship skills to present proposals to customers and prospects in this highly Client interactive role.
• Minimum 5 years relevant Commercial Lines experience a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Licensed in property and casualty insurance preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts. The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
For interested applicants please email resumes to LBrando@OdellStudner.com